• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

I passed :) But my new job isn't in coding...

Kelsey Richardson

I must either be very lucky or a really good test taker, because I got a 79... I didn't even feel fully prepared because I crammed everything in, but I had no other choice but the take the exam this past Saturday. (To allow me time to study and retake if needed)

Now, I just accepted and started a new job in HR at a community MHMR center ran by the state. I'm enjoying this career path so far, but it just makes me feel like all of my CCO studying has been put to waste!

I graduated with my bachelors in Healthcare Admin. last December, and really just decided on taking the CPC exam because I didn't know what else to do after I graduated...

So, my question is, is it worth it to keep up with my CEUs and membership fees even if I won't be practicing coding??

Thanks ya'll!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi Kelsey,

Congratulations on passing!! And on the new job.

I've have friends that have held credentials of some sort like a CNA etc. and they let them lapse because they were working in another field and then things changed and they wished they had that previous credential keep up to date. I'm just saying...

Best wishes either way!